Kendal is one of Canada’s Leading Entrepreneurs and Speakers from Sweetgrass First Nation, SK. He was raised single-parented, living on welfare and no opportunity to find success in his life. In grade 5, his best friend from South Africa gave Kendal a helping hand by giving him the opportunity to take part in soccer. By grade 7, his friend’s mom and dad gave Kendal’s family a car that allowed him and his sisters to take part in after school sports. His childhood friend inspired him to give back when he launched his company Neechie Gear. A lifestyle apparel brand that empowers youth through sports. A portion of profits help fund underprivileged youth to take part in sports.
After finishing two degrees from the University of Saskatchewan, Kendal grew the brand from a small one bedroom apartment to several pop-up stores and opened a headquarters in Saskatoon, SK. The brand is now sold to consumers across North America through exclusive retail partners and online. He’s founded and invested in 5 businesses to date and won over 25 business awards including being a runner-up for the YBI Global Entrepreneur of the Year which had taken place in the United Emirates. Kendal speaks professionally to thousands of people every year on motivation, leadership and the power of telling your story. His clients include organizations such as: Ernst & Young, TEC Canada and We Day.
Kendal is on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and leaders around the globe by showing them that regardless of where you come from and what you have gone through, you can change it. Your circumstances don’t determine your reality, you can become anything you are willing work day and night for.
- 2010 1st Place in the Aboriginal Youth Idea Challenge Business Plan Competition
- 2011 B.Ed and B.A from the University of Saskatchewan
- 2011 $1500 winner in the Progress2Capital Business Plan Competition.
- 2011 NSBA Young Promising Entrepreneur Finalist
- 2011 One of thirty entrepreneurs selected to represent Canada at the G20 Young Entrepreneur Summit
- 2011 ACE (Enactus Canada) Saskatchewan Student Entrepreneur Provincial Champion
- 2011 Wilson Centre i3 Idea Challenge – $10,000 Winner
- 2011 CANDO Economic Developer of the Year – Aboriginal Private Sector Business Award
- 2012 Saskatoon’s Finest Entrepreneur Award
- 2012 Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce Abex Award – Community Involvement
- 2012 Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce Abex Award – Aboriginal Partnership
- 2013 Better Business Bureau Torch Award – Retail Category
- 2013 CBC Future 40 Recipient
- 2013 Mclean’s Magazine Future Leaders 25 Under List
- 2013 Sype Volta Award – Saskatchewan Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2013 NCAIED Res Arizona $20,000 Business Plan Competition Winner
- 2013-2016 Nominee in the Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce Sabex Awards
- 2014 University of Saskatchewan Alumni of Influence Award Recipient
- 2014 Featured Case Study in the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education – Entrepreneurship, The Spirit of Adventure
- 2014 Selected Entrepreneur to represent Canada at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in Moscow, Russia.
- 2015 Indspire Award – Youth First Nation Category
- 2015 CCAB National Youth Aboriginal Entrepreneur Award
- 2015 Runner-up – Youth Business International Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2015 Saskatchewan RedCross Young Humanitarian of the Year
- 2016 Canadian Business Change Agents – One of Canada’s future business leaders
- 2016 Published Case Study in the Ivey School of Business
- 2017 StartUp Canada Social Enterprise of the Year Award – Prairies