Kendal is one of Canada’s top entrepreneurs and motivational speakers who grew up on Sweetgrass First Nation, SK. He was raised single-parented, living on welfare and no opportunity to be involved in after school sports. In grade 5, his best friend from South Africa gave Kendal a helping hand by giving him the opportunity to take part in soccer. He never forgot about what his friend had done for him when he later founded the popular clothing brand, Neechie Gear. A lifestyle apparel brand that empowers youth through sports. A portion of profits help fund underprivileged youth to take part in sports.
After finishing two degrees from the University of Saskatchewan, Kendal grew the brand from a small 1 bedroom apartment to a small kiosk to several pop-up stores and recently opened a new headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The brand is now sold to consumers across North America through other exclusive retail partners and online (www.NeechieGear.com). Kendal recently launched a new company, Netmaker Enterprises with a focus on helping others turn their passion into a business. His services include: motivational talks, seminars, coaching and a growing online academy. Kendal and his company have won numerous provincial, national and International awards. He was recently the runner-up for the YBI Global Entrepreneur of the Year which had taken place in the United Emirates. His entrepreneurial journey has taken him around the globe and has allowed him to speak as far as Russia and Dubai. Aside from running his business, Kendal is on a mission to empower young leaders across Canada by showing people that regardless of where you come from and what you have gone through, you can change it. You can become anything you are willing work hard for.
- 2011 ACE (Enactus Canada) Saskatchewan Student Entrepreneur Provincial Champion
- 2011 Wilson Centre i3 Idea Challenge – $10,000 Winner
- 2011 CANDO Economic Developer of the Year – Aboriginal Private Sector Business Award
- 2012 Saskatoon’s Finest Entrepreneur Award
- 2012 Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce Abex Award – Community Involvement
- 2012 Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce Abex Award – Aboriginal Partnership
- 2013 Better Business Bureau Torch Award – Retail Category
- 2013 CBC Future 40 Recipient
- 2013 Mclean’s Magazine Future Leaders 25 Under List
- 2013 Sype Volta Award – Saskatchewan Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2013 NCAIED Res Arizona $20,000 Business Plan Competition Winner
- 2013-2016 Nominee in the Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce Sabex Awards
- 2014 University of Saskatchewan Alumni of Influence Award Recipient
- 2014 Featured Case Study in the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education – Entrepreneurship, The Spirit of Adventure
- 2014 Selected Entrepreneur to represent Canada at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in Moscow, Russia.
- 2015 Indspire Award – Youth First Nation Category
- 2015 CCAB National Youth Aboriginal Entrepreneur Award
- 2015 Runner-up – Youth Business International Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2015 Saskatchewan RedCross Young Humanitarian of the Year
- 2016 Canadian Business Change Agents – One of Canada’s future business leaders
- 2016 Published Case Study in the Ivey School of Business